Future SF shipped the newly written anthology The Digital Aesthete today.
Contribution works are fascinating. Ken Liu sent the Good Stories which describes the work when generative AI is an ordinary tool of creation. It’s deep thoughtful work as his other works.
PROMPT is the longest work of this anthology, and must be read.
But I would tell my work, READER ALICE.
The story setting is in the 2040’s at Portland. SF editor Bob is wondering why his editor-supporting app tends to pick human-writing works…
Yes, this is about the days when generative AIs are ordinarily used. I imagined and wrote how we write there, how we review them.
Please enjoy Reader Alice, it will be disclosed on 14th February, but no need to wait. You can buy the Digital Aesthete right now.
When Bob looked out the window, he felt like he had seen the woman passing by somewhere before. The abundant hair falling over her shoulders was going gray. She must have been in her fifties or so? Definitely older than Bob. She wore a hip wrap over running tights with a black hoodie. This was a style you saw often in Portland. Bob imagined her taking a nice run before heading to a coworking space to do her desk job and then, at lunchtime, walking down to Park Avenue where all the food trucks lined up.
She said hi to the guy running the kebab truck as she cut across the street and floated up the stoop of the building on the other side: the science fiction bookstore, Rose SF Wagon. From the ease of her movement and the tote bag bulge that could only be paper books, it was clear that she worked in an industry adjacent to Bob’s…Reader Alice by Taiyo Fujii translated by Emily Balistrieri
- THE BRAVE NEW GENERATIVE WORLD by Alex Shvartsman – Available Date: November 14, 2023
- SILICON HEARTS by Adrian Tchaikovsky – Available now
- FORGED by Jane Espenson – Available now
- A BEAUTIFUL WAR by Fang Zeyu – Available Date: November 22, 2023
- STAGE SHOWS AND SCHNAUZERS by Tina Connolly, translated by Nathan Faries – Available Date: November 29, 2023
- THE MERCER SEAT by Vajra Chandrasekera – Available Date: December 6, 2023
- GOOD STORIES by Ken Liu – Available Date: December 13, 2023
- THE FACTORY OF MARKET DESIRES by Rodrigo Culagovski – Available Date: December 20, 2023
- THE FORMS OF THINGS UNKNOWN by Julie Nováková – Available Date: December 27, 2023
- EVE & MADA by Mose Njo, translated by Allison M. Charette – Available Date: January 3, 2024
- TORSO by H. Pueyo – Available Date: January 10, 2024
- THE LAUGH MACHINE by Auston Habershaw – Available Date: January 17, 2024
- THE UNKNOWN PAINTER by Henry Lion Oldie, translated by Alex Shvartsman – Available Date: January 24, 2024
- A WORLD OF TRAGIC HEROES by Zhou Wen – Available Date: January 31, 2024
- HERMETIC KINGDOM by Ray Nayler – Available Date: January 31, 2024
- EMIL’S LABYRINTH by Anna Mikhalevskaya, translated by Alex Shvartsman – Available Date: February 7, 2024
- READER ALICE by Taiyo Fujii, translated by Emily Balistrieri – Available Date: February 14, 2024
- PROMPT by Marina and Sergey Dyachenko, translated by Julia Meitov Hersey – Available Date: February 21, 2024